BMW cell phone:

To all,

The BMW (Motorola) phone in my newly purchased 98 540i sport is analog.  No
carrier, ATT, Bell South, Sprint etc.  offers analog service any more.  What
makes the phone desirable is the fact that its integrated into the car so
well, with voice activation, hands free operation, steering wheel controls,
built in antenna and auto stereo volume control when using the phone.  The
question is does anybody know or have any experience in replacing this with
a Motorola digital that would plug into the same holder.  If I could just
buy another phone rather then BMW's whole new kit I would be very
interested.

Al