IMPORTANT!!/Drivers schools/Chubb Ins./Coverage/Safety

    THIS LAST POST FINALLY DID IT....WHAT? HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING
SCHOOLS?? I thought BMWCCA ran high-speed SAFETY schools.(In addition to the
low-speed ones now available).
    Not "performance",not "racing"...

    I started in 1976 at D.C's O'fest Summit Point school.Someone got red
mist,and rolled a 2002 2 1/2 times at 90mph,putting the car upside down,roof
7" from the dash.Driver and instructor kicked open doors,and climbed
out...not but a scratch on either.
    We don't drive 2002's anymore.

    I have cringed many times this year,watching the title, or reference to,
"racing",or "high performance" 'CCA driver's schools.Almost no corrections
from anyone.
    More than a few old-time instuctors I know have retired.They say living
is more important than what sometimes now goes on at school.
    These digests are now full of Big Brakes for performance...no mention of
their added street safety.
    "What are the biggest tires that fit?" No mention of which tires are
safest in bad weather FIRST.

    The many Instructors and long-time students here are NOT constantly
correcting the newer guys that see only "performance" mentioned for drivers
schools.
     How often are they now referred to as SAFETY schools???

     No wonder so many injuries.

     The new 2001 and 2002 330i and 530i cars will have almost 100hp
more.Whose gonna teach them safety FIRST if guys like us don't? And starting
right here,BEFORE they hit the track?

     How long will any Insurance companies cover 'CCA "performance" schools
for us?
                   "RA"/Bob G.