Re: Exhaust

> I am considering having a Tri Flow (modified version) cat-back exhaust
system
> put on my 2000 328i.  I want a louder exhaust note / growl and a little
extra
> hp/torque.  Any comments would be appreciated.

Tom -

You can forget about any hp/torque gains.  The reaility of the situation is
that you'll probably lose some hp/torque going to an aftermarket exhaust.  A
Confortti chip and a cool air intake will help you more than an exhaust
will, but won't make the kind of sound you're looking for.

John Virnig
'97 328is