M5 Wagon

>I used to work for a Tier One supplier to BMW and have spent a lot (I
mean A LOT!!) of time in the Spartanburg plant.  One day, I was there for
a meeting about the upcoming E85 program,  and I happened to see a
picture of a brand new (model year 2000) M5 station wagon.  Being the car
guy that I am, I made a comment to my BMW counterpart something to the
effect of  "Holy cow....that Sumbitch is NICE"  (For those of you who do
not live in the South, that last statement is one of highest praise).
Anyway, he looked at the picture, and kind nonchalantly said "oh
yeah....that one.....it is pretty nice........except you gotta shift it".
 I then said, "hold on there a minute bucko.. (not his real name..)
you've actually SEEN this car?"  He then said "oh yeah it's in "The Motor
pool" of cars at BMW MC in Munich.  Whenever we go there for business, we
just fly in and take a taxi to "The Motor pool" and pick out whatever we
want.  I had it for a week or so last month.  They've got a bunch of cool
stuff there".

Funny.......every time I went to Munich, I seemed to end up with an

"except  you gotta shift it"..................indeed!!