Seat Troubles in my L6

Both front seats in my 87 L6 do not latch properly.  The hooks on the
inboard side of both seats do not latch causing the seat to flex unevenly
when I lean back.  More importantly the seat back adjustments do work
properly because the inboard side is not latched.  The seat backs move
outward when they are suppose to move forward.  The latch hooks are not
loose, rather they are somewhat difficult to push down into the latched
position.  As soon as pressure is released the retract into the unlatched
position as if the seatback release knob was up.  The outboard latches work
normally.  Any ideas?  Thanks and Aloha

Scott Bly
C.H. Guernsey & Company
841 Bishop Street, Suite 480