In Response to: Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 16:54:51 -0700 From: Bertan Erdi <berdi@domain.elided> Subject: RE: 328ic suspension upgrade I own a '97 328ic with 16" Racing Dynamics wheels. My car just hit 82K. The suspension is beginning to feel kind of lazy and I don't feel confident at speeds over 100mph.

At 82K I would start with bushings.  I have just replaced all around on my 87
535is (double your miles) for the second time.  The difference is outstanding.
If you've got the bucks, go ahead with the upgrades, as well.  Pressing in new
bushings is difficult, at best, and removing ball joints without damaging boots
takes patience and the use of tools other than a pickle fork.  Again, if you
have the bucks, upgrade to poly bushings such as those available at bavarian
auto.  If you do the job yourself, and you will go the coil-overs, get a quality
spring compressor and do as much as your budget allows, as you will not want to
tear down your suspension again anytime soon.

Have at it!

KT

87 535is  (She ain't pretty, but she's pretty fast!)