[none]

My beloved 533i was going great until Sunday morning.  I went out and started it up and I have the following symptoms:

1) Loss of power - roughly 20%
2) Annoying vibration, quite like when she is just about to run out of petrol, except it seems to be proportional to engine revs.  Most obvious when accelerating, almost non-existant when de-delerating.
3) The car is functional but not 'right', it's as if   the engine is 'off balance' !

My thought is that I have a bad spark plug (does anyone know the size of spark plug socket needed, I can't see in and have already bought one wrong one!) .  The car is going in to have the starter replaced and I can have the mechanic look at it but I'd prefer to understand what is going on myself.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated - Damian Horner.

damianhorner@domain.elided

Online shopping and FREE Web based email from http://www.Glenavy.com
Did you go into Glenavy today ?