From: <JHahn22@domain.elided>
To: <bmw-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 5:00 PM
Subject: My new 89 325.

Well I am now a BMW owner.  Thank you to all the people who emailed opinions
and experience about e30s.  And lots of thanks to the Poertners for an
awesome weekend (and a test drive of Ian's M roadster).I am now can now
deliver pizza in style.
And now for the questions. . .
I.  Could someone with an 89 325 tell me what his or her steering wheel
looks like?  The owners manual indicates that I have an airbag but the
steering wheel doesn't seem to agree.  It is a 3 spoked wheel with the two
horizontal spokes shaped sorta like propeller blades (I wonder where that
comes from? . . .kidding of course).  There is a horn button that can be
popped out of the middle of the wheel.  I think this vehicle was in an
accident at some point because of broken fan blades and a chewed up radiator
(which has already been replaced.)
II.  What are the thoughts on changing the R12 to R134 since the a/c needs
fixing anyway?  I noticed Bavarian auto has a reciever/drier conversion kit.
. .?  I need a/c right now, so I will probably just have an a/c shop do it,
but should I just stick with R-12 for now?
III.  Was there ever a 4 door 325is?  Because I seem to have one that is
badged an 'is'.  What was the difference between i and is?
thats all for now,
Thanks
Jake
Bryan TX