Does 4-dr 1800 share parts with its 2-dr siblings?

Sorry to spam a couple of lists here... but I need to get some quick
answers.

Can someone with experience in the older 4-door sedans (like the
1800/2000/2000ti/2000tiLux) tell me if they share many components with
their 2-door bretheren (1600/2002)?

I am looking at a very nice little 1800 4-door that I'd like to set up
for VARA/BMW CCA racing. Before I buy it, I want to make sure I can get
performance pieces for it. Any guidance quickly that can help me decide
whether or not the car is worth converting appreciated.

Please email me directly at roundel@domain.elided.

- --
Brian Foster
prsncat@domain.elided - email
1-949-623-1222 x1971 - voicemail/fax

To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com