anyone change 325e throttle cable? troubleshoot cold start problem?

Hi all,
My 1986 325 has a tough throttle to move, and though I've lubed the linkage
at the throttle body for temporary relief in the past, I now suspect that
the throttle cable itself is just crusty.  Anyone lubed the cable before?
Anyone changed theirs out?  Big job?  Small job?  Any help appreciated.

My other challenge is a cold start problem.  My cold start valve is new, and
I tested the Thermo time switch per the Bentley manual, which tests fine,
and the manual mentions a possibly wire or connector problem, but I don't
even know where to look for such.  I have no voltage at the cold start valve
when cranking, something like .3 or .5, I'm sure not what it's supposed to
have.  Any ideas?

TIA for any help, big or small, on list or direct!

- -Rod Birch