Installing Pioneer CDX-FM35 into 1989 535i (E34)

Well, here's everyone's favorite subject.

I have an '89 535i (E34) that has a KE83zbm head unit and is NOT prewired
for a CD changer.  I just purchased a used Pioneer CDX-FM35 with the FM
modulator, but no keypad controller.  This changer has a rectangular
connector on the back and not the round DIN connector that is found on the
CDX-M30.

I want to hook the changer directly into the head unit so I can control it
from there.  Has anyone connected a CDX-FM35 to a KE83zbm head unit?  If so,
how did you do it?

Can I use the cable that goes from the changer to the FM modulator to
directly connect the changer to the head unit?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Pat Vellender
1989 E34 535i - 103,000 miles