Re: Radio Code Not Working

Scott Bly wrote:
>I recently purchased an 87 L6 and had to change the battery which activated
>the anti-theft on the radio. I search the glove box and found instructions
>and a code. It turned out the instructions were for a different radio. I
>went to the dealer and got the code but when he tried to unlock the radio he
>could not. He said that I must have "locked up" the radio by trying the
>wrong code. The radio would beep after entering the third digit. He said I
>would have to run the car for 1.5 hours and try again. I have tried leaving
>the car on several times with the radio on and off. The code still does not
>work and beeps after the fifth digit is entered. Any suggestions??

Leave the radio on so "code" is showing, key in accessory position. Don't
touch it for an hour at least. To be sure, make it an hour and 10 minutes.
Then try your code. Make sure you have copied down the correct radio serial
number. On the older ones there are a lot of 1's that look like I's and 0's
that look like O's. If they gave you the sheet from the DCS,it should show
both the code and the radio serial number. Match it to the radio number
plate just to be sure.

- -Phil Marx