Radio Code Not Working

I recently purchased an 87 L6 and had to change the battery which activated
the anti-theft on the radio. I search the glove box and found instructions
and a code. It turned out the instructions were for a different radio. I
went to the dealer and got the code but when he tried to unlock the radio he
could not. He said that I must have "locked up" the radio by trying the
wrong code. The radio would beep after entering the third digit. He said I
would have to run the car for 1.5 hours and try again. I have tried leaving
the car on several times with the radio on and off. The code still does not
work and beeps after the fifth digit is entered. Any suggestions??

Scott Bly
C.H. Guernsey & Company
841 Bishop Street, Suite 480
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813