Q: A/C low line pressure #s?

Hello BMW Experts!       I may be getting near to having a real working A/C
unit again!  I am getting some pretty cool air (~ 55 degrees, driving), but
don't know the correct pressure which would optimize the system.  The car
is an '87 325is, with an aftermarket Seltec compressor.
     My low pressure line is at ~ 35-40 lb. at idle.  When the engine is
revved, the pressure goes down to ~ 26-28 lb.  At what RPM should I be
measuring the pressure, and how many lbs should it then be?
     I'll give a more complete write-up when the job is actually done.

                              TIA! Murf  '87 325is

"WorldSecure Server <ogilvy.com>" made the following
 annotations on 08/28/00 16:13:18
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to email for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the Ogilvy Group shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.