audio questions for E32

I would like to install an in-dash CD player in my 1988 BMW 735i and have
some questions:

How can I "easily" bypass the factory amp (to use the head units built-in
amp or eventually install a real amp in its place)?

Does someone make an adapter for this purpose?

Do I have to buy one of those adapters to lower the power output of my CD
player if I wire into the factory amp?

Does the amp have a built-in x-over?

I don't want to replace the speakers (yet), but can I run an amp and power
the speakers directly?

Any tips or information is greatly appreciated. If you have some links to
more information that will also be appreciated.

Henry Simpson

1988 735i
1985 535i