E36 M3 suspension clearances

Dan,
If they used the proper plus one tire size there
should not be any problem with clearance. When you do
a plus one you get bigger wheels but you also get
tires with smaller sidewall thus making the overall
diameter of your tire the same and therefore no
clearence problem. The tire they should be using to
keep the same overall diameter as the stock 17 tires
is: 235/35/18 or 225/35/18.

Joe.
- ---------------

I'm considering the purchase of a 1996 M3 that has 18"
BBS wheels.  It
is a second owner car and the current owner thinks it
has been lowered
approximately one inch.  I'd like to verify that since
I track my cars
and don't want to bottom it out.  The Bentley manuals
lists the
clearances (edge of fender to bottom of wheel) for 17"
wheels on the M3 at:

Front standard: 23.03"
Front sport:    22.05"
Rear sport:     21.26"

Would it be as easy as adding one half inch to these
clearances for the
additional inch in diameter for 18" wheels?

Also, I didn't realize the M3 was available in
different suspensions.
Is there a specific trim level for the lower
suspension?

tia,

dan hermann
http://mail.yahoo.com/