wiseacre

     Since you are covering the distance of trying to decipher message
content, let me tell you I am interested in upgrades, specifically
exhaust mods/replacements to a 96 328ic.  I have been warned that in
terms of buck to bang ratio, changing exhausts is least or less
economical, and only helps top end.  Even without arguing these points,
I am doubtful that anyone will convince me that BMW"s exhausts are
anything but the quietest.  Therefore, given that M3 exhausts are cheap,
but heavy and not likely to give much more than 4 hp at peak (see
Unofficial Digest Archive=exhaust comparison), is there any viability to
comparing UUC and Supersprint in terms of NOISE LEVEL, since it seems
the only salient differential amongst stock vs. whoever.
    Again, in short, I am wondering if anyone can say their aftermarket
exhaust meets or beats the M3 exhaust in bhp AND remains relatively
quiet.  I put on a 3.23 diff, and this already exscaserbates the pedal
off/on noise level.  As of right now, I suspect stock is best. Any
alternatives?
Thanks, John, Natick, MA