Re: Broken Antenna

Scott,

In order to get the plastic track started:

1) turn on the radio and wait for the antenna motor to stop running.

2) Insert the plastic track with the teeth oriented in the same direction as
the original antenna.  I don't remember correctly, but I think that the
teeth are oriented toward the rear of the car.  Be sure to feed the plastic
track into the antenna as far as you can.

4) Have someone turn off the radio, and be prepared to feed the plastic
track into the antenna housing, and guide the antenna properly.  When it's
all the way down, and the motor stops, screw down the antenna mast holder.

5) If the antenna track doesn't start getting pulled down when the radio is
turned off, you haven't fed the track in far enough prior to starting.  In
that case, turn the radio on, wait until the antenna motor stops running,
and start over again.

Don't forget to lubricate the antenna mast with WD40 when you're done.

Good luck,

- -rb