Subject: Re: M Roadster airbag disabling

The legality question of airbags revolves around a dealer or repair shops
ability to deactivate a bag. If you are a non mechanical person you need to
contact NHSTA to get a document to take to a dealer that says "disconnect my
airbags". As the owner of a vehicle you can do whatever you want to it as
long as it does not affect a. required vehicle safety items, ie brake lights,
turns signals, wipers. etc. b. or makes the vehicle generally unsafe ie
replacing your airbag steering wheel with a pair of vise grips.

I just pulled the airbag wheeloff my car and replaced it with a non airbag
//M wheel. aside from some small dimensional issues everything went fine and
I have zero concern about somebody giving me grief over it.

Derek A
90 535i