Re: SS vs. M3 (yeah)

owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<   I must say I'm very disappointed and embarassed. This weekend I got
smoked
 by a Camaro SS (in my all so powerful Dinan chipped95 m3) from a stand still
 at a red light(made me look like I was in reverse).  >>

Don't feel bad, you had the right weapon, but the wrong type of bullets.
Some of you guys are right, there's no substitute for cubic inches, to a
certain
extent. BMW did get 1000hp out of a 4 cylinder.

Anyway, a M3 can beat or go neck to neck with a Camaro SS. My brother did
with my car, and I went neck to neck with a Ram Air Pontiac Firebird. My car
is
a '94 325is, somewhat. It's equipped with a 3.2 liter M3 engine, compared to
3.0 liter.
ported and polished head, Euro HFM sensor, custom JC chip, TMS lightweight
flywheel, SS exhaust, K&N filter, 2.5/3.0 liter intake manifold, plus a less
heavy car,
(M3 has more reinforcements=weight). Has not been dynoed, but is said to feel
close to 300hp. All that is going to lighter wheels, meaning less weight to
turn,
which equals better acceleration. More air in, through an easy and smooth
route, more air out, equals more power. Take note: filter, intake, head,
engine, exhaust, with a touch of computer control, and less weight. We were
surprised how much
difference came from the porting and polishing, but then again you can get at
least
25 hp from that.

The guy, in the Ram Air, and I met at the gas station, and he said:
 "I guess that's not stock".

I/we ran with almost everybody. We still have more things to do.
You just have to research and make a good combination.

Thanks,
Corey
'94 325isit  - 0.2 liter does make a difference. oh yeah, the driver too
I am starting to go through another 3.15:1 rear end(non-M3).