Re: 635csi battery discharge (radio part)

sounds like you just have some oxide buildup in the volume mechanism. this
happens a lot in older cars. anyway's you can buy a can of electronics
cleaner from radio shack or a local electronics hardware store and spray it
at the spindle of the knob (remove the knob first by giving it a firm pull)
where it will get into the mechanism. then put your plastic knob back on and
turn it all the way around and back several times. if there's a lot of
buildup you may have to do it several times.

hope this helps,
aaron