RE: 635csi battery discharge

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, at 15:32:22 -0400,   Jacques Brouillette wrote:

>My 635 discharges its battery if I leave it sitting for much more that
3 or
>4 days.  This happens often as I travel frequently.  I wouldn't think
that
>the computers "think" to much while the car is off, so what else could
it
>be?

Use a VOM meter to measure the current flow off the battery with the car
shut down. "Normal" is around 40ma. Higher and you've got a short or a
stuck switch or relay. Remove and replace fuses in sequence until the
current drops to normal. That will tell you which circuit the problem
belongs to.

Other 6 owners have traced similar problems to bad switches on the trunk
and glove box lights. I can't help with the radio problem but maybe it's
what draining the battery.

If you have access to back issues of Roundel, the January and February,
1999 issues have columns by Mark Calabrese on using a VOM for electrical
troubleshooting.

Bob Kegel
'70 2002
'85 635 CSi