Should I use E30 m-3 spring set in my 325 convertible?

I have a 91 325ic (ragtop), and I have been given a set of E30M3 stock
springs.  The IC's springs seem about 4-5" taller uncompressed.   Anyone
have any idea what the spring rates of the stock  IC springs vs. the M-3
spring rates?  Anyone know the weight difference between the two cars?  How
about the stock ground clearance?   I think the convertible is a bit heavier
in the nose, and I don't want to end up too slammed.  I'm thinking of
running the M-3 suspension, with Bilstien sports.  I'm not looking to make
sparks on the frost heaves up here in Maine,  but I do like a sporty ride.
I once traumatized myself with a very lowered 2002, and an aftermarket
header that made a lot of road contact, so I'm a little gun shy.

Dave Leonard

A man with a 325ic on jackstands, with strut parts everywhere in the
garage...its all apart, just trying to pick out the appropriate parts. Nice
to be through the brute force and ignorance part of the project.