Do you let the kid(s)/spouse eat in your beautiful BMW? (WOB)

Got in trouble this weekend from the new wife  - 2 weeks ago her and my new
6 yr old stepdaughter were in the back seat on a weekend 30 minute schlep
from her ex's house to our house (they always sit in the back together as I
drive) when the wife breaks out croissants and teddy graham crackers and ice
tea!  At the end of the weekend I end up cleaning up lots of flakes from the
croissant and crumbs from the crackers.  Sort of a pain in the a*s, as I
used to never let anyone eat in the car.  Now it's this weekend, and she
breaks open the croissants again, and I nervously say "Can you be careful
not to leave crumbs and flakes on the backseat, because I had to clean them
all up 2 weeks ago and it wedges into the seat at spots."  Yeah, maybe I had
a bit of attitude in my voice, but, heh - I don't think people should HAVE
to eat in the car - ya know, like, can't you just wait till we get home in a
whole 20 minutes!!!  Apparantly they can't, as she rebuked me saying I'm so
anal about the car and I shouldn't mention this stuff in front of the
munchkin.  Aaaargh.  Do you all let your families eat food and potentially
messy drinks and stuff in your clean/pristine cars?  I guess in all honesty,
it wasn't exactly hell to clean up the car after they ate in it, but I'd
just sort of prefer they didn't eat buttery, sticky things in the car (ice
cream push ups are verboten!).  What levels of food do you allow in your
cars from passengers?  Just curious.
Partially in the dog house in Silver Spring MD,
Steve Robinson
1995 740i 82k miles Apsen Silver/Grey
1988 911  63k miles Venetian Blue/Blue
1995 540i 63k miles  Green/Silver (hers)