Re: bmw-digest V9 #1529

The Lexus had a problem with cell phones:

Quoted from http://www.motortrend.com/jan00/lt98lexus/lt98lexus_f.html

"The GS Series was the subject of at least three technical service bulletins
or recalls (one of which we had a hand in discovering): to replace a
problematic engine-control module, to correct cold-shifting transmission
trouble, and to change a yaw-rate sensor in the stability control system.
The latter would interpret electromagnetic waves from cell phones or, in our
case, a two-way radio, as a command to aggressively apply the brakes. "

Barrie K. Davis