6-series Advise

I am considering the purchase of a 78 and/or 86 6-series.  Both cars has
some issues.  My biggest concern is the 78 (which is much better shape and
has lower mileage) has just had the head replaced.  I have heard of head
problems due to overheating related to emission control equipment in past
digest traffic.  Does replacing the heat fix this problem or should I be
concerned about future engine problems.  The mechanic that replaced the head
was not a BMW expert.  Here are my choices:

78 in excellent shape with the exception of rust bubbles starting to come
through the paint (mostly around the sunroof).  87,000 miles. new(?) head,
AC works

86 in fair condition, no AC, 107,000 miles, seats in poor condition, flat
paint, isolated rust in a few areas.

I am considering swapping my newly replaced 3-series AC system (my son
wrecked the car) into the 86.  Are they compatible?
Are 5 and 7 series seats compatible with the 6 series?  Does anyone have a
'Blue Book" value on these cars that is more reliable the Kelley book?  The
86 is listed as an L6 but does not have badges.  Thanks for any help

Scott Bly
C.H. Guernsey & Company
841 Bishop Street, Suite 480
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813