E30 exhaust replacement

Hello all,

I'm in need of help again. My exhaust pipes are rotting through and I was
wondering if anyone had a suggestion on replacements. The OEM parts way over
priced in my opinion. My car is a 1986 325e with no mods. I have considered
upgrading to an open element K'N cone filter. What would be the best exhaust
for performance and price, I need to save some money for tuition in the
fall. Oh yeah, and also what parts should I be able to still use? The
catalytic converter? or muffler? and wahts the second catalytic converter
shaped unit on the exhaust?

Thanks
Phillip 325e