Motronic Control Unit

In the process of diagnosing a problem with my ignition, I believe I
killed my Motronic control unit.  My car is an 85 325e.  I have located
an 84 325e control unit, but the part numbers are different.

My unit has a Bosch part number of 0 261 200 027.
The unit from the 84 has a part number of 0 261 200 021.

Are these units compatible?  Can I just put my chip in the 84 unit and
effectively make it an '85?

If not, does anyone have the capability to test/rebuild these units?

If not, is there a reasonably priced source of supply?

I will be publishing my method for replacing the reference sensor pin as
soon as I can get a control unit to verify that the fix was successful.

Thanks,

Al Waschka
BMW CCA 104964