Re: my suspension rattle/Bilstein problem

Ron,

Thanks for the info about the noise from the rear of my car.  I haven't had
the time to check out the brake pads yet as most people have mentioned.  I
did notice that the noise does not disappear when I apply the brakes.

I did have my dealer check out mounts and was told that they are fine.  They
firmly believe that the shock has gone bad.  In my conversation with
Bilstein, I spoke to the warranty representative, a gentleman by the name of
Raul, he states that any suspension mods will void my warranty.  The darn
Bilsteins Sports themselves are a mod!  How can he validate this?  I have no
idea, but his word is final and I'm just going to take my money to Koni or
I'll just blow the money on coil-overs all around.

How can I check the rear mounts for damage?  I'm not sure what I'm looking
for.  The car has about 50,000 miles now and what ever I do is no longer
limited by warranty.

The brakes are EBC's Green Stuff (costly but highly recommended).  I've
taken them out during auto-x's and have had NO signs of fade, they actually
get better when they are hot.  They seem to be on pretty good, but I'll have
to break out the 3 ton jack and have a better look.

Well enough of my rambling, I'm outta-here!

Ron
rhakim@domain.elided
BMWCCA# 165142
'98 323is  Silver   -too many toys to list