Welty Digest fundraiser

Hello fellow digesters,

I am running the summer fundraiser for Richard Welty, the owner of the
digests. I am a member of the Alfa digest and my employer is a paid
advertiser on the Alfa Digest. Hopefully you appreciate these forums as
much as I do.

This is not a scam, please see http://alfabill.tripod.com/weltyfund.htm
which will clear up any questions.

Perhaps you already have a system in place to toss a couple bucks in the
hat as it is passed around. On the Alfa Digest, the standard is to
donate $20 per year. We had a good turnout last year and since Richard
runs this out of his pocket, it seems fair to help out. We have also had
some very nice corporate donations in the past year, including
Re-Originals and The Northwest Alfa Romeo Owners club.

As a side note, in the past I received a surprising number of negative
and even threatening e-mails from some digest members other than the
Alfa Digest, probably since they know me .  I'm doing this to help out,
so if you have negative comments, please keep them to yourself, or make
an effort as well.

Please see the web page for all the info.

Thanks and happy "digesting"

Bill Harkell
Welty Fund administrator