Minidisc for BMW

I've got a '98 318ti with factory cassette head unit and cd changer.  I
believe these are Alpine.  Anybody know if there is an Alpine minidisc
head unit that will control the factory changer?  I've been looking at
some Sony minidisc receivers, but I hate to have to replace the changer
and cabling also.  I think you also have to have some type of adapter
for the amplifier when you use an aftermarket head unit and I was hoping
I may be able to avoid this with an Alpine unit also.

Frank S.
Charleston, SC