<E30> shaking

My E30 (91 318ic) is riding worst than a old Willys Jeep. When I go over
railroad crossing or pot holes etc, it shakes like if I had the tires inflated
to 80psi or if the suspension was welded directly to the frame!

I'm running 16" tires (225 and 205) that may reduce comfort a bit but not at
that point (I hope).  I had the car aligned and replaced two ball joint, the
ones bolting into the frame, (yes they can be replaced). Last month I installed
4 new KYB. The car is still acting the same as before all that (it had BMW
shocks before).  The only thing that I can think of is the suspension arm rubber
bushings, but they were in good condition when I changed the ball joints last
summer.
I also tried to lower the tire pressure from 32 to 28 without any noticable
difference in comfort.
Also , I'm riding stock BMW springs, no lowering kit at all.

Are all the E30 handling this way?
Is it something related to 16" wheels. If yes I wouldn't like to be in a E30
with 17" or bigger!!

Thanks
Michel Drainville
91 318ic