<E36> SRS/airbag light

Hi,

I have a 96 328i. After cleaning the interior out and conditioning the seats
this weekend my SRS airbag light comes on and stays on for several minutes.
So I am assuming I busted something rooting around in the car.

I assume the ZAE box is well protected enough under the back seat that my
sitting back there wouldn't have hurt that. So the only other obvious
choices are the seat occupancy sensor or the seat belt sensors. Could I have
pulled a wire loose by moving the seats all the way back for cleaning?

I spoke with them yesterday and they thought if it was the seat belt
sensor/switch they would have to replace the entire seatbelt stalk including
the crash tightener. This seems silly if it just a switch.

So I would really appreciate any help in diagnosing this before I turn it
over to the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis Jarchow
328i