First HUGE door ding in 95 740i - what to do?

Have an immaculate Aspen Silver/Grey 95 740i and was christened with my
first door ding last week.  Aaargh!  I'm really pissed, but I know I had it
coming, as I haven't had one yet.  What to do?  How much is door ding
removal?  The ding indents into the side panel - but paint still seems to be
over the ding (but, it's like, the mother of door dings - deep and ugly).
Is there a cost of diminishing returns in fixing this?  I guess I truly need
to always park, when possible, in the hinterlands of parking lots... the no
man zone, the centerfield, the out of bounds area (but most likely some
shmuck would park right next to be and slam open his 84 Monte Carlo 2-door
drivers door into my side panel again).
Steve Robinson
1995 740i (violated in the worst way now!)
1995 540i  wife's (haven't been able to post the wife word yet  - just
married 2 weeks ago)
1988 911  straight as an arrow, no dings in...12 years!

End of bmw-digest V9 #1501