E36 1.8litre stalling/hesitation

My car (manual), 125,000 kms, often has a hesitation when moving off or
pulling away from a corner around town in third gear. Sometimes when moving
off it hesitates, stalls and takes quite a bit of turning of the starter
motor to restart. Had this problem a couple of years ago and it seemed to
come right after an injector clean and carbon clean. My mechanic is having
difficulty in fixing the problem and I am seriously thinking of quitting
the car before I get killed with it stalling in embarrassing places!

I know most problems of this type are electrical and this is what my
mechanic keeps checking but I keep thinking it is a fuel problem. Any ideas?

Brench Wright

End of bmw-digest V9 #1498