Re: E46 m3 convertible

  Just to update my own question-hopefully I am not only talking to
myself; readers who might be interested in the 3 series compact should
have a look at the new Automobile magazine, which shows a picture of a
sliding-but not folding, a la SLK hardtop (i.e. glass roofed version of
"California roof") on the upcoming (1-2yrs) 3 compact, which may also
have a 240bhp M3 variant.  Interestingly, they are claiming a price
range below both that of the next 2 series and the cheapest (?) of the
current 3.
      Perhaps this is the hardtop "convertible" some are confusing with
the M3 convertible, but they are clearly not the same platform! John