E34 Door creak.

Yesterday I checked the creaking door stop on my '92 E34. The door metal has
fatigued and cracked and I must now remove the door stop and create a metal
backing plate as kindly shown in Kurt Gibbles web site
http://pantheon.yale.edu/~kgibble/bmw/E34_creaky_door.html

I have a problem removing the pin that holds the door stop to the main body
section of the car, the Bently manual tells you to remove a clip and then hammer
the pin out, unfortunately mine has no clip and appears to be a use once only
sort of a pin. Does anyone know how to remove this? Should I just hit it harder
as it is not moving at all when I hit it.

Thanks for any help.
Neil Grundy

P.s I mentioned this to a collegue (Also has an E34) who asked how I know it had
failed... I told him it was from the creaking noise, now he's gonna go check the
creak on his door!