Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:55:33 -0700
From: Jim Walsh <jimw@domain.elided>
Subject: E34 battery replacement

I remember reading something a while back on this list about external
venting being required for an E34 battery because of their location under
the passenger seat (at least in my '91 E34 M5).  What replacements have
people successfully used?

- ---snip---

The current battery is a replacement.  I see no vinyl tubes or anything that
look like it would have been hooked up to the original for venting - how
does the battery venting work?  Since I've been driving this for a few years
without venting with no apparent ill effects, how important is it to worry
about?
Thanks,
Jim
- ---