re E34 battery replacement

Jim says:
<I remember reading something a while back on this list about external
venting being required for an E34 battery because of their location under
the passenger seat (at least in my '91 E34 M5).  What replacements have
people successfully used?>

The battery went South on my '95 540i a couple of months ago, and I had a
local battery/alternator shop get me a replacement.  When we pulled the back
seat out, there was NO vent tube or anything of the sort on the original
battery.  The Interstate battery he got me was identical in size and shape,
and they plugged it in and I'm happy(well, as happy as I can be paying $103
for a 72 month warranty battery).

My advice, Don't worry, be happy.

Bill