cold start update

My car is a 1986 325E....I put back in my old motronic and the cold start
problem went away.  I opened the "new" motronic I had purchased, and it
looked even older than the one that came in my car.  The wiring used
individual wires instead of a ribbon cable to connect the two boards.  I am
wondering if that particular motronic had a cold start circuitry?  From the
outside, both units looked the same.  The numbers on the eproms were
different.  Anyway, I am trying my old unit again to see if the other
problem it had has gone away (it would just die every now and then and the
car would not start unless I disconnected the icv...ie let in more air to
correct the flooding).

Peter

Peter Curtin
VP Product Management