RE: Jim Conforti Shark Injector

dahermann@domain.elided (Dan Hermann) wrote:
> According to Turner Motor Sports
> (http://www.turnermotorsport.com), Jim Conforti has a new
> OBDII programming tool available that permits the user to
> upgrade the OBDII with the JimC performance software rather
> than mailing in the unit for reprogramming.  It also allows
> the user to revert back and forth between the stock software
> and the JimC software any number of times.  It sounds good,
> but has anyone actually used it and found it to be everything
> that it was advertised?

I doubt you'll find anyone today with much experience to report.
Here's a recent announcement regarding that product:

< Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 02:04:16 -0600
< From: Josh <eurosprt@domain.elided>
< To: bmwuucdigest@domain.elided
< Subject: The first Shark Injectors (tm) have shipped
<
< > Has anyone heard if there is a definite availability
< > date on Jim C's "Shark Injector"?
< >
< > All the advertising I saw forty-five to 60 days ago
< > said it would be available on May 1!  It's now thirty
< > days beyond that date!
<
< The first Shark Injectors (tm) have shipped.
<
< Just under 20 units will be shipped this week so if you
< are a Eurosport customer and you don't see anything today
< (Tues 6th) don't fear as the others will follow hopefully
< within 2-3 weeks.  If you are one of the lucky few in this
< shipment please use your injector as soon as you possibly
< can.  The second part of the first batch of approximately
< 200 injectors is awaiting the results.
<
< BTW  because of Jim C's attention to detail the injectors
< have been perfected in quality control testing and not on
< the customers car which ultimately speeds up the actual
< product delivery process.
<
< Josh MacMurray
< Eurosport
< Your source for Jim Conforti / Landshark products
< Shark Injectors and Shark Intake Systems
< Phone 801 463 4919 fax 801 474 2668
< http://www.sharkinfested.com