Help, Shock Replacement E30

Hello fellow BMW fans,

I have been told that the rear shock on my '90 325is
have weakened (no leaks, though) and need replacing.
This of course is not under Bilstein warranty since
they are not leaking.  Anyway, I would like to replace
both with same (Bilstein Sports) and have been told
that this is an easy do-it-yourself job.  Bolts on
top, bolts on bottom, remove, replace, tighten, done.
I do not have a schematic of the rear shock assembly
and would like to know if this is really the case.
Also, if someone has a page from a repair manual that
they could "jpg" me that would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to your insights.

Happy motoring.

Pete