Re: <E36><M3>Differential Ratios

>From: "Franklin W. Nelson" <fnelson@domain.elided>
>To: "BMW Digest" <bmw-digest@domain.elided>
>Subject: <E36><M3>Differential Ratios
>Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 00:57:43 -0700
>
>I have a late production (8/95) '95 M3.  According to Korman's website, I'm
>supposed to have a 3.15 lsd.  However, when I do the calculations (using
>the
>formula also provided by Korman) it keeps coming up 3.23.  I thought only
>auto trans cars (mine's a manual) and LTW's came with 3.23's in '95. Can
>anyone explain this? Is there any way (other than driving the car and doing
>the calculations) to verify what ratio I have in my car? I was getting
>ready
>to put in a 3.46, but if I've got some sort of rare factory setup I may
>want
>to leave it alone.  The car also came with LTW wheels.
>
>Frank Nelson
>'95 M

        Frank;
             See below for my reply from a long term supplier on different
ratios, as to what was and is available originally.
                               "RA"/Bob G.

    From: Armand,VAC Motorsports.  Subject: E36/E46 Differential Ratios
        Bob, there is no "direct factory bolt-on" in that ratio(3.46LSD) for
E36. Stock options were only 3.15, 3.23, 3.38, & 3.91.We may have some of
those ratios in used items.
                 We can custom build LSD ones in 3.46,3.64, & 3.73, usually
for about  $1,200.