Re: bmw-digest V9 #1478

Scott,

I also have a '94 325is with the all back moulded steering wheel.  I
recently had an annoying squeak everytime I turn the wheel.  I wound up
removing my airbag and steering wheel to lubricate the slip rings.  The
whole procedure took about 1.5 hours.  One cheaper alternative is to just
buy the airbag and/or steering wheel and install it yourself.

Regards,
Bob

> Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 16:01:24 -0400
> From: Scott M Shortt <ScottS@domain.elided>
> Subject: Steering Wheel.
>
> Hello Group:
>
> I have an E36 1994 325i with the all black moulded steering wheel (no
> coloured Roundel logo).  BMW changed this in 1995 to a more visually
> appealing wheel with the coloured Roundel in the middle...
>
> I spoke with the dealer about seeing if they could swap out the steering
> wheel for the newer model, but they quoted this crazy price (almost $1000
> CDN) and got all nervous about the airbag, and changing/replacing/altering
> it, etc.
>
> I'm not looking to remove the airbag, although my E30 1991 318is had a
nice
> 3-spoke sort of sport wheel with no airbag.... :)
>
> Anyone out there know what I'm talking about?  Any thoughts?  I could glue
> one of those wheel stickers in the middle of the current wheel, but it's a
> too big and looks kind of silly... <GRIN>
>
> Please reply to me directly at: ScottS@domain.elided
>
> Happy motoring,
>
> Scott Shortt

> End of bmw-digest V9 #1478