next question for the newbie

I'm trying to get used to this 525i so bear with me.

What would be considered a normal oil consumption for a 1990 525i with
100k k miles on the odometer?  I drive 85% highway speeds (75mph+)

I added one quart yesterday with 2600 miles since the last oil change
when the low oil level warning came on in the instrument cluster. Now
everytime I start or shut off the car, the warning comes back. Do I
need to reset something?

When the engine is idleing, there seems to be a light miss, yet the
minute I step on the gas the engine is as smooth as silk. Does the M20
engine have a slight miss at idle normally. There is no power loss or
lack pof performance at any other speed or load. I just changed the
plugs and it didn't help. It would seem if there was a wire or
cap/rotor problem, it would show up at higher speeds. Dirty
Injectors??

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

 Mark D. Tetrault * tetrault@domain.elided=20