confusion on limited slip differentials

Hi ppl,

   I've been reading about the lsd and i'm kinda confused. Is there two
different products using the same name? I read about one lsd that deals with
the gears and improving acceleration and one lsd that deals with the wheels
and improving the wheel traction. Or are they talking about the same thing??
I went to the korman website http://www.kormanfastbmw.com/e36drive.htm and
they have two products: the lsd conversion and the automatic torque biasing
limited slip units.  And under the products there is a chart that tells you
about the optional differential gear ratios. For the 328 they recommend a
3.46 ratio. Which product is the ratio chart for?? the lsd conversion or the
automatic torque biasing limited slip unit? i'm pretty confused.

 I'm looking for a product that would give my car faster acceleration and i
think this might be it. But i'm not exactly sure what is what. If you guys
can help me out that would be great.

james
'99 328is