RE: <E36><M3> Most Incremental Bang for the

Doss Donaho wrote:

> Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 06:31:27 -0500
> From: "Doss Donaho" <ddonaho@domain.elided>
> Subject: RE: <E36><M3> Most Incremental Bang for the
> Buck aka Where Do I Go From Here?
>
> I suggest you sell the car to somebody that will use
> it to its full potential.

  Like who? You? Maybe then You could make it the way You want
it. Obviously he wants something different from his car and
that's the great thing about America, he can do what he wants to
with it. Just like this thread on type R stickers and the Rice
Boy "look". Hey, there are some people who buy a car that looks
fast, and there are some people who buy a car that runs fast.
Sounds like Frank wants somewhat of a "sleeper" car. Quiet
(something that doesn't attract a lot of attention from being
loud), clean looking, but still fast.

> The car was designed to get from point A to point B
> quickest if you let it rev.

  But he said that he usually stays under 5k, so if you don't
have any good suggestions for him for under 5k RPM then maybe you
should keep your fingers off the keyboard.

> Do whatever mods you want but please stay out of the
> way.

  Of what, or who? You? Man, who put sugar in your gas tank?

> You might try a big american truck, those usually top
> out at about 5k RPM.

  True, but they don't corner like a BMW.

> Maybe a "Type R" sticker would make it go faster?

  Yeah, and if we wrapped your hands in a "Type R" sticker you
wouldn't type as fast, and maybe you would settle down a little.

> Am I missing something here?

  Manners, tact, respect for others.

  Plays well with others = N (Needs improvement)

> Doss

Frank,

  Sorry I don't have any other suggestions except to ignore Doss,
he had a bad day.

JC Nordyke
jc.nordyke@domain.elided
'76 3.0Si (overheats, leaks ps fluid, coolant, ATF, and engine
oil, wants to idle at 2k, but rides like a dream)