Re: '87 325e Coolant Loss

Hello,

I had a similar situation with my '92 E34, I took it to BMW as it had an after
sales warranty (I bought it used from a BMW dealer). They checked it out and
told me they couldn't see any signs of coolant leakage, then charged me for a
antifreeze top up!

The only thing they found was the lid for the expansion tank was releasing at a
lower pressure than it was supposed to, so they said I should change it so I did
and this improved the situation, but  did not eliminate the coolant loss
completely, 4 months later I noticed signs of coolant/white powder on the
radiatior, took the car back to BMW and they confirmed that the radiator needed
replacing, so my car is with the dealer today (Fortunatly it is still under
warranty!).

Hope this helps.
Rgd
Neil Grundy