RE: <E36><M3> Most Incremental Bang for the Buck aka Where Do I Go From Here?

Well, one of the things you're missing is tact.  I asked for help, not
flames.

Not that you deserve an explanation given your response, but I do, in fact,
get up into the mountains with the car as often as I can, but there's no
local track around here (I live in the L.A. area) and I'm not sure how often
I would get out there if there were.  I work about 60 hours per week and I'm
also married and have a family.

Given my circumstances, I spend most of my time driving surface streets and
freeways with the car (as, I imagine, do a lot of other people on this list)
and I am looking for ways to increase/broaden the hp and trq bands so I can
enjoy the car more, more of the time, without drawing the attention of the
local constabulary (which is what would happen if I went howling around at
5-6.5k rpm).

I just re-read my previous post and it implies that I just bought the car.
In fact, I bought in new in '95 and I've carefully researched every
modification based on both my driving style and the car's characteristics.
However, even If your response was motivated by your (justified) assumption
that I'd just bought the car and bolted a bunch of crap onto it, it was
still incredibly inappropriate.  If you didn't think I needed/deserved help,
the appropriate response would have been no response at all.

I note that you posted your response to the Digest, probably because you
thought it was cute and you wanted everyone to see how clever you were.  I'm
sure they were all impressed by your truck joke and how you tied this in to
the "rice burner" thread.  I've been on the Digest a long time and most of
the people here aren't interested in seeing useless, mean-spirited comments
like yours.  If you want to trade gaffes with others who think like you do,
I suggest you visit alt.auto.tactlessassholes

Frank Nelson
BMWCCA Los Angeles Chapter
'95 M3 and really pissed off right now

I suggest you sell the car to somebody that will use it to its full
potential.
The car was designed to get from point A to point B quickest if you let it
rev.
Do whatever mods you want but please stay out of the way.
You might try a big american truck, those usually top out at about 5k RPM.
Maybe a "Type R" sticker would make it go faster?
Am I missing something here?
Doss