<E34> Wacky LED Display on OBC

Guys:
The OBC display in the wife's '89 535i now displays what appear to be lighted sno=
wflake crystals that overlay some of the numbers, making them difficult to read=2E=
  Otherwise, OBC still functions fine=2E =20=
Unlike the $30 replaceable slide in illuminator on my 85 325e, I am told that the=
 OBC in the <E34> is an $800 black box with no user serviceable parts=2E  Is this=
 true?  Anyone know of an outfit that=20=
fixes these units, especially the display component?
Thanks=2E
Mike Sopchick
Washington DC

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and contains information
that may be privileged and confidential=2E If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and notify us
immediately=2E